Next week, Nasuni will be in New York City for retail’s biggest show of the year – National Retail Federation (NRF) 2018. NRF is the world’s largest retail trade association, and its annual conference brings together department stores, supermarkets, chain restaurants, and a variety of specialty, discount, catalog, Internet, and independent retailers under one roof to see the latest innovations and technologies.
This year’s NRF conference is at the Jacob Javits Conference Center in the Big Apple. Why is Nasuni going and what does retail have to do with unstructured data?
Creative Teams in Retail Have Big File Sharing Pain
Creating fresh customer experiences that keep buyers engaged, whether online or in brick and mortar stores, requires creative teams to share large Adobe Illustrator, Adobe In Design, Adobe Photoshop, graphics, Microsoft Office, and multimedia files across multiple design centers.
Consumer goods manufacturers use the same applications – plus CAD apps like AutoCAD – and experience the same large file storage, transfer, synchronization, and collaboration challenges as they design new products.
These files are increasing in size and quantity every year, leading to many pain points. Our retail and consumer goods customers tell us they’re:
- Constantly running out of space on their Mac file servers, impacting creative team productivity
- Wasting time deleting old project files to free up space for the next project, impacting creative team efficiency
- Unable to collaborate on planograms needed to refresh in-store shelving displays, slowing refreshes and impacting customer engagement
- Waiting too long for large CAD and Adobe design files to sync across locations, delaying new products and promotions and impacting revenue and profit
- Spending too much IT budget and time buying and managing on-premises file servers, NAS, backup, MPLS, replication, WAN acceleration, remote access, and file transfer and sync products.
Nasuni Cures Retail File Sharing Pain
Retail and consumer goods is one of our fastest growing customer segments because our unstructured data management platform solves these challenges. Our global file system lives in Azure, Amazon, Dell EMC, or IBM cloud storage but caches active data on-premises to take high performance file sharing and cross-office collaboration to new levels. With Nasuni, our retail and consumer goods customers are able to:
- Give creative teams unlimited file server space on demand for even the largest design files
- Unify all projects under a single global file system that can be shared across any location
- Eliminate design file propagation, transfer, and sync issues to accelerate delivery of retail layouts, promotions, and new products
- Recover previous versions of design files in minutes to mitigate malware, Ransomware, corruptions, and accidental deletions
- Archive older designs at low cost, but retrieve them quickly if needed.
Meet Us at NRF or Learn More About Nasuni in Retail
If you’re attending NRF this year, come to our Happy Hour at the hot new organic restaurant EDEN Local for drinks and apps Monday after the show. You’ll mingle, have fun, and talk shop with other retailers and the Nasuni team – RSVP here.
If you’re busy Monday night, schedule time to talk retail file sharing with us at the conference (or any other time) here.
Looking for more info? Read 6 Reasons to use the cloud for better Mac file sharing.
We hope to see you at NRF 2018!