Ulteig doesn’t operate like a traditional firm, with all the engineers and files associated with a given project working out of the same location. The 650 employee-owners at Ulteig reflect their founder’s commitment to collaboration, so Ulteig draws on its distributed talent for any given project, which means users in distant locations need to be able to collaborate as if they’re in the same office. Unfortunately, the firm’s file storage infrastructure was slowing access at remote offices, hampering productivity. Plus, the firm had just doubled its file data, and pushed their Nimble arrays to capacity. Ulteig’s IT leadership had to decide whether to invest in more storage hardware and expand the firm’s data center footprint, or modernize with the cloud.
- Architecture, Engineering & Construction
- Microsoft Azure
- reduce file sync wait times at remote sites from several hours to minutes
- eliminate the need for a costly hardware refresh
- shrink hardware footprint at the edge and within data centers
- accelerate recoveries and reduce risk exposure