The annual Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS) conference kicks off on February 19th, and we’re looking forward to sharing an exciting new story. Nasuni CEO Andres Rodriguez and Paul Feilmeier, the IT Infrastructure Manager at Faith Regional Health Services, will discuss the challenges of storing, protecting and managing a constantly growing volume of electronic Personal Health Information (PHI).
Nasuni Enterprise File Services has been helping more and more hospitals, imaging centers and healthcare organizations solve their file problems, meet HIPAA standards and save money. Faith Regional is one of our newer clients, and this can’t-miss conversation will take place on Monday, February 20th at 4:00, in the Microsoft Theater.
The pair will discuss:
- How improvements in medical imaging technology are increasing file sizes and driving up storage and protection costs
- Why Faith Regional chose to move away from traditional storage arrays and embrace Nasuni’s cloud-native file system, UniFS™
- The drastic drops in RPOs and RTOs after Faith switched to cloud-backed data protection
- Faith Regional’s strict HIPAA requirements, and how Nasuni’s strong encryption and security model met their standards
- Why the IT department now spends less time managing storage and protection
- The organizational value of shifting storage from capex to opex
Feilmeier will also talk through the advantages of Nasuni’s 15-minute Disaster Recovery capabilities – a key feature given his organization’s location in a disaster-prone region known as Tornado Alley. HIMSS is a great chance for healthcare IT professionals to learn about the latest information technology trends and best practices, and this talk will be incredibly valuable to anyone struggling with file growth or the costs of data protection.
That said, if you’re in Orlando and can’t make the talk, please visit us in the Microsoft booth or join us for happy hour. We’ll be hosting attendees at Tommy Bahama, just a few steps away from the Convention Center, on February 22 at 6:30 PM. Space is limited, so RSVP now for a chance to unwind and chat with fellow IT professionals and Nasuni representatives.