Nasuni was proud to host its first EMEA User Group on 16th May 2018 in London, UK. With more than 1,000 Nasuni installations across Europe, the timing was right to bring some of our growing European customer base together.
We had the pleasure to host 20 customers at the event at London’s historic Brewery venue, home to the former Whitbread Brewery founded in 1750. The Brewery has been worthy of royal visits – George III, Queen Charlotte, Queen Elizabeth II and Elizabeth the Queen Mother all have visited the site. So for Nasuni, it was the perfect location to hold our inaugural EMEA User Group!
Nasuni Executives provided updates and insights into how our business and roadmap are evolving. Speakers included Nasuni President and CEO Paul Flanagan, Chief Product Officer Russ Kennedy, and myself.
One of the highlights of the afternoon was the real-world technical case study from the media industry by TBWA/Omnicom, who talked about their experience managing one of the world’s largest deployments of Nasuni’s global file system, spanning multiple petabytes.
Our European customers also had the opportunity to compare how they’re using Nasuni to meet their unique needs, as well as to share best practices and experience with each other.
It was also great to hear customers’ comments, reminding us of the value they get from modernising their file infrastructure with Nasuni and private/on-prem or public cloud object storage:
- “I never have to backup our files again!”
- “We no longer have to worry about running out of capacity at any of our sites!”
- “No way we could we go back to fixed storage silos in every office!”
- “We sleep better knowing we can DR our appliances to recover from any issue in minutes!”
The voice of our customers is exceptionally important for us at Nasuni, and so establishing this European Customer Community and fostering discussion and feedback I felt was the most interesting – and fun – part of the agenda. The lively discussion continued into the evening with the opportunity to network with peers and Nasuni executives over cocktails and canapés.
Feedback from customers indicated the value seen in coming together for this event, which we will host again early in 2019. I appreciated our customers feedback on the value they saw:
- “The communication between the various companies was extremely helpful.”
- “Hearing other customer experiences and use cases, and hearing the presentation on the Nasuni roadmap and philosophy gave us more perspective.”
- “It was a great chance to find out what other customers are doing with Nasuni, and we’re glad Nasuni’s CEO and CPO were there to hear customer issues.”
- “I liked the informal nature of it – everyone could talk freely.”
- “Meeting other Nasuni users and getting information about how they have setup their environment was excellent.”
- “Good to see Nasuni has grown into an enterprise-scale vendor!”
- “Thanks for putting on a nice event – always good to feel that a vendor values their customers and invests back in them.”
All in all, it was great to connect with customers old and new, and I am very much looking forward to seeing even more of you at our next Nasuni EMEA User Group in Q1 next year, if not at Nasuni Summit in October!